Saturday, May 28, 2011

What is MELT?

MELT is an artist collective.

MELT is currently taking place at The Orpheum Theater in Flagstaff AZ.

MELT is an officially recognized NAU student organization. Email Dan Becker to sign you up! dhb29@nau.edu

MELT has a purpose. Our purpose is to organize and collect a wide variety of creative thinkers, who are interested in creating live art. MELT will provide the foundation for these people to express themselves and collaborate with other artists. MELT is a home for artists.

MELT has an open door policy and is always accepting new artists who want to paint live or display their art at the shows. Email ajcalzada@gmail.com to get involved.

MELT offers DJ slots to talented people. While these slots are filled for the rest of the year, we always want to hear your mixes and plan for the future. Send a link of your streaming mix, to MELTFlagstaff@gmail.com


Press article written about MELT by Padraic Rooney in the Phoenix Examiner

http://www.examiner.com/counterculture-in-phoenix/artists-gain-new-venue-with-melt


MELT main website

http://www.meltflagstaff.com/


MELT soundcloud profile

http://soundcloud.com/meltflagstaff


Why such a long time to update? I have abandoned this blog and have come back to bring it back to life and back up to speed. In October 2010 I joined the MELT artist collective. I have since become a resident MELT artist and have been painting live at MELT since then, along with other resident artists who I will feature in other blog entries, such as J.T. Korson, Lexi Stine, and Sonny Greyes-Clitso.


As for Alice's Address, I will be keeping the name and the blog. However, Amy and I decided to close our stores and work on different things. Not for any dramatic reasons or anything like that. I just got very busy with MELT and she wanted to do other things, especially after she got the keys to her awesome new house. I and she still remain thick as thieves and always will be. So now Alice's Address is just me! I will try to keep this blog more updated from now on.


The past 6 months have been very rewarding for me as an artist and I feel I have a grown incredibly and learned so much. I had never done live painting before MELT in October. Since then I have learned a lot of new tips and tools of the trade, how to get the most out of a live painting, and connected so much with a close tight circles of artists who have become some of my dearest friends. The "Artist Camp" of MELT is very protective of each other, each other's work, and works together very supportively and collaboratively. I am very happy and pleased to have been embraced by these people, I have "found my niche" I suppose within the artist community.


Add me on facebook for further updates about MELT, invites to events where I or friends of mine will be displaying work, and to get other peeks at work I do:

facebook.com/Holly1Green

No comments:

Post a Comment