Saturday, May 28, 2011

MELT October 2010


MELT was started in July 2010. In October I went to my first MELT and also did my first live painting. I was really nervous. Mostly that I would paint something crap and be embarrassed. One of the great things about MELT is that it is founded by some of my oldest and dearest friends. Some of these people have known me all my life, as far back as kindergarten. And I have also made so many new friends in the Flagstaff area and through MELT who have been incredibly supportive and funny and fun to be around that it makes doing MELT easy and something to look forward to each month. Here are some photos from MELT October '10.


My first completed live painting, a MELT Dia de los Muertos theme painting since it was done in October.

A snap of the artist area. In March, MELT officially changed venues from the 111 in Flagstaff, to The Orpheum. So these photos will always remind us of our first cozy home.

Jake Korson helping set up before MELT's doors open.

Lauren Allen. Melt isn't the same without her there.

Brian (DJ Fatty), Matt, and Kellen.

Lexi Stine and one of the first friends I ever made in life, A.J. Calzada.

Me doing my first live painting.

Lexi working on illustrating the side of a bike.

Jeremiah Green DJing during MELT. No, it's not a costume. It's not.

One of the most talented artists I've met to come out and do art with us at MELT, Randy Boogie.

A.J. DJing at the end of the night in costume.
Here's some more photos of the same people....






Thanks for reading, I have lots more to update on so stay tuned!

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment